I don't care what you call them, I call them good.

I had some fun experimenting in the kitchen today. I've been wanting something yummy to eat and was trying to figure out what I could make. I just recently discovered the bake function on my Oster Bread machine. I never wanted to risk ingredients before trying to figure out what temperature it baked at but so far the results have been very tasty!

I was hoping my bread machine manual would have a cinnamon roll dough recipe in it, but sadly it did not. So, I dragged out my trusty Betty Crocker cookbook and found this recipe which I halved for my machine:

(original recipe is doubled)

1 pkg. yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup milk, scalded then cooled
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 1/4- 2 1/2 cups flour (I used 2 1/4 cup)

I added the ingredients into the bread machine pan and set the menu to dough cycle. After it beeped at me, I pinched the dough into little round balls (which turned into blobs later) about 1 inch in size.

Then, I dipped each ball in a bowl of melted butter (this is in addition to what went into the bread pan) and rolled it in a cinnamon sugar mixture. Then, I just started loading them back into the bread pan. When the bottom was covered, I did another layer. This made two layers.

Then, I put the pan with a cloth over it and let it sit in the warm car to rise. It raised for about 45 minutes to an hour. Then, when it was doubled in size, I simply set the "bake" function in my bread machine and set the timer for 30 minutes. My bread machine bakes for an hour, but I wanted to check it halfway. It still looked a bit doughy, so I set the timer for an additional 15 minutes. Any longer and I think it would have started to burn.

I drizzled some powdered sugar icing over the whole thing and it was great!

When I asked Nick what I should call them he said, "I don't care what you call them, I call them good."

I told him that was quite a mouthful of a name. I was thinking something a bit catchy!

I think Cinna-Bites is good, but that's been taken. What about Cinna-blobs?

What do you think?

I totally meant to get a picture before they were consumed but here they are half eaten. They turned out really yummy!



If you have a working oven, just make them in a pan. Either a bundt pan (best) or a loaf pan or 9 by 13 pan or whatever you have. Just let them rise until double in size before baking.  I'd bake them at 350 for 25 minutes and check for doneness. If you use a glass pan, try 325 degrees. Just a thought...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber