Friday, October 28, 2011

How to make fried green tomatoes

A friend of mine gave me a bag of green tomatoes this morning and I thought that I should fry some. I've never had any before, so I googled some recipes to give me an idea of how they're made and tried it.

First, I sliced my tomatoes:


Then, I beat an egg and put it in a bowl and added some milk to another bowl. (about 1/4-1/2 cup of milk)

Then, I got my flour mixture which was about 1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs, cornmeal, flour and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.


Stirred it together and after dipping the tomatoes into the milk then egg, coated each slice with the flour mixture:


Then put a bunch of them in my cast iron and fried until golden brown. Flipping it over when ready:


Drained on a paper towel, ready to eat!



And my thoughts are, not bad. It's more sour than I thought it would be.  Tastes best when eaten right away after they've cooled first. Actually, the first bite, I thought they were not good but the more I eat them, the more tasty the are! :-)

Now off to make some more!

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...