Crepes recipe

When I was a kid, my mom would make me crepes. She had some sort of special crepe maker. It was electric and looked like an upside down frying pan on a stand. I guess I always thought that they couldn't be made unless you had that same cooker. She would sprinkle them with sugar before rolling them up. Sometimes I would put jelly in them, but my favorite way was with the sugar.

A few months ago, Nick and I were wanting something sweet to eat and I happened to think of the crepes. We just happened to have all the ingredients so I made them and now they are one of our favorite evening snacks! I have even used half milk half water when I was almost out of milk and they still turned out great.

Here is the recipe:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons melted butter

Measure dry ingredients in bowl. Add vanilla, milk and egg. Beat with a rotary beater until smooth.

I melt the butter in my frying pan and then slowly add it to the mixture. (if you're not careful, you'll cook the egg in the batter) Then, my skillet is already greased!

Pour about 1/4 cup batter in a heated skillet. Immediately rotate the pan until batter covers bottom. Cook until light brown, turn and brown on the other side.

If desired, spread with applesauce, sweetened strawberries, jelly thinly on crepes. Sprinkle with sugar. Roll up.

12 crepes

Comments

Jen said…
Do you remember trying to make crepes in French class? It was a disaster most of the time, but turned out okay, lol! Weirdest class I have ever taken!!!
Noel Wright said…
Yes, that was the strangest class I'd taken too. To think of our teacher learning the lesson himself the night before, then trying to teach us... But it was better to me than taking the Spanish class! lol What was that Spanish teacher's name?

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber