Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Banana Oatmeal, anyone?

I was given some trail mix the other day that contained: cashews, almonds, macadamia nuts, cranberries, golden raisins, apricots, papaya, pineapple and bananas. Everything in the mix is good, but I don't care for the papaya. It contains dyes and tastes disgusting! Why do they insist on adding coloring and flavoring to perfectly natural fruit. Plain dried papaya is great!

Hubby likes the nuts but won't eat the fruit. So, as I was stuck with all the fruits to eat by myself, I got to thinking... I love apple oatmeal. (just diced apples and some cinnamon mixed in with oatmeal. I wonder what banana oatmeal would taste like...

So, I tried it and it was delicious! The bananas still had their crunch to them and I even mixed in the golden raisins and cranberries. It was so yummy! I don't normally enjoy cranberries but in the oatmeal they tasted like raisins.

This would be expensive to make all the time since the trail mix is pricey, but I noticed at the supermarket the other day that they sell large bags of the dried bananas. So, I'll have to give that a try sometime. Even better would be to dry my own bananas...

No comments: