Slipper Socks

I found out about Ravelry when I first got into knitting. I just love their site. You have to register but it doesn't cost anything.

The thing I love most about the site is the pattern search. You can click on whether or not you want the pattern you're searching for to have: a photo, crochet or knittted, free or pay, level of difficulty, type of yarn used, size of needle etc...

I have found so many cool patterns searching this way.

You can post up projects your working on, your yarn and needle stash. Make friends within the community. Write in the forums, you name it, they've got it! I just love that site!

My mom asked me to make her some socks awhile back. (like last year to be exact!) and I've been trying to get her a pair knit up before Christmas. I thought to ask her if she was wanting socks to wear as socks or socks to wear as slippers, because the yarn I was originally intending to use would not be appropriate as slipper socks. Too thin. I am really glad I asked her before I got too far into the project, because she said she was wanting slipper socks with a thicker sole. (which at this point, I have no idea how to do)

But I did find this cool pattern at the Ravelry site. Slipper socks using Lion Brand bulky yarn. These should be plenty warm!

I'm not sure if you're not a ravelry member if you'll be able to view the pattern or not. But I'll be sure to post a photo of them here so you can see what they look like.

Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial