Friday, September 16, 2011

Chicken broccoli pasta recipe

A dear friend of mine would make this when I came to visit. But living over 800 miles away from each other, I haven't gotten to enjoy her dish in a long time. So, I started making it myself and over the years I have made a few changes. My changes in parenthesis.

Serves 4

1 pound pasta spirals
4 cups fresh broccoli florets (2 cups or more frozen broccoli florets)
1/2 cup olive oil (a couple Tablespoons)
Juice from 1 clove garlic (1 garlic clove minced)
1/8 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper (1 teaspoon or more added to my own bowl)
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese (not as good but the Kraft kind in the pasta section)

Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Then add the broccoli and the pasta. Cook until both are done, then drain.

Heat the oil and seasonings together in a large skillet. When pasta and broccoli are done, add them to the skillet. Toss well and serve sprinkled with grated cheese.

(I use about 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil (or whatever is on hand) and add 1 cup or more of diced cubed chicken and cook until chicken is done. Then I add frozen broccoli and stir fry until tender. In a separate pot, I cook the pasta until it's done. Then, I add the cooked pasta adding more oil if necessary and stir together until heated through.) Sprinkling with Parmesan cheese and pepper in each bowl to one's taste.

No comments:

Old Shale Scarf and fabric

I bought some yarn this week but could not bring myself to start another project until I finished at least one of my current WIP's. So, ...