How to make cinnamon bread in your bread machine

I have two recipes that I use depending on whether or not I have milk on hand.

Both recipes make a 1 1/2 pound loaf.  I prefer the basic cycle. On the "milk" recipe, I sometimes will use the sweet cycle.

Without milk-
1 cup water
2 Tablespoons butter
1 egg- I added this by accident the other day but loved how it turned out. Richer and better tasting. (you can skip it if you don't have eggs)
3 cups flour (sometimes I'll substitute some of this amount with whole wheat flour but not more than 1 cup, otherwise it's too heavy)
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast

With milk-
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1 egg (not optional)
3 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar- I like to use brown sugar for extra flavor!
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons yeast


Load ingredients in bread pan according to your machine. Some machines say to add liquids first, and then dry. When I do this, I make an indentation for the yeast.


And each slice has to have some yummy spread on it: I just mix in a tablespoon or two of butter with a few tablespoons of milk and enough powdered sugar to spread easily. oh! and a teaspoon of homemade vanilla extract.


Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial