Monday, September 12, 2011

Finished Socks, finally!

I took a much needed break from sock knitting last week, when my hands started to ache from knitting too much.

I finally finished Nick's pair last night. I made the mistake of letting him see them because now he wants to wear them now instead of waiting until Christmas. Oh well! I'll just have to try knitting another pair for him in secret. :-)

The only thing he said was that the cuff was a little tight. I knit the top 2 inches with a double rib instead of a knit 3, purl 1 ribbing. Next time, I'll just do it that way. Hopefully, it loosens more. And I probably won't make them 8 3/4 inches long. I'm thinking 5-6 inches instead.

I knit my purple socks 4 inches and it didn't take long at all to make!

Think I'll play catch up today and try to get my other four projects done. No, make that five. And then make another pair of socks in November.

It's not the best picture, but it'll do for now.


Can you spot my one BIG mistake? I'm not telling! LOL

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...