- 1 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- Place ingredients in order given.
- Set bread machine on dough setting.
- Once cycle is done-- roll out into 15 balls (mine generally are about golfball size).
- Place in greased 9x13 pan.
- Let rise until doubled in size in warm place.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
**I like to brush the rolls with butter when they come out of the oven.
When my bread machine broke, I still made these by hand. I just kneaded them accordingly to my machine's instructions (as if I was the bread machine) and they turned out great!
to do by hand:
Mix ingredients together. I like to use instant yeast so I don't have to worry about when to add it. I buy it at an Amish/Mennonite bulk food store for $3. Can't beat that price. You can buy bulk yeast at Walmart for half the amount for double the price. This instant yeast lasts me a year too!
Knead for 15 minutes.
Let rest an hour.
Knead for 18 minutes.
Let rest for 20 minutes.
Proceed to step #3.
Here they are out of the oven!