Best Ever Pumpkin Pie

Even folks who say they can't stand pumpkin pie, tell me that they love this pie and often request the recipe. Those who don't want the recipe just request that I make them some pies! LOL

So, here it is for all to enjoy. My husband found me this recipe when we were faced with a bounty of fresh pumpkins from our garden one year. Sadly, I don't know where he got the recipe from. I often substitute store bought canned pumpkin when I don't have fresh.

1 1/2 cups cooked pumpkin
1 cup packed brown sugar (I always buy light)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
2 Tablespoons molasses
3 eggs slightly beaten
12 ounce can of milk (I prefer carnation and not the fat free kind)

Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk, 5 fl oz

In bowl, mix pumpkin with spices and molasses. Add eggs and milk. Pour into two unbaked pie shells. Bake at 425 degrees for 40-45 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

The original recipe said 1 pie crust, but I always have enough leftover for another pie. I think that's because I use 8-9 inch pie pans and perhaps the original called for a larger pie crust pan.

When I take the knife to test for doneness, I usually will think that there is no way it will come out clean because it looks uncooked, but when it's done, it really does come out clean. A toothpick won't give you the same result either. So make sure to use a knife!

I have been known to forget to add the pumpkin! As it was going into the oven, I remembered! agh! Don't be like me! ha! ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber