Awhile back I found the cutest baby bonnet pattern. I loved the way it looked so I made a bookmark of the page and thought that someday I'd try out the pattern which you can find here. I didn't give it too much thought but the few times I'd look briefly at it, I'd think to myself, "How in the world am I going to make this? It looks way too difficult for my knitting level."
But I'd find it every so often and think about it. I decided it was time to try making it. I knew if I got stuck I could ask someone, whether or not the owner of the pattern, the owner of the local yarn shop who is always answering my every knitting question of the day, or my friend whose house I knit at once a week.
So, I started it on Friday and I knitted it until I got stuck. Out went my emails of questions to J and the owner of the pattern. "What am I doing wrong?" I asked. They explained what they could but I was still stuck.
So, I ripped it out and tried to forget about it. Give it a break. Then on Saturday, I started over again on it. I was about ready to rip out my hair when it dawned on me what I was doing wrong.
When the pattern stated a yarn over before a purl, I realized I wasn't doing a yarn over, but just leaving the yarn in front, thinking that would do the trick. Sure enough, when I got done counting my rows I had the exact number I needed to! Hooray!
I knew the tricky part was yet to come. The pattern called it a Dutch Heel. But I thought, what have I to lose, all I can do is try to do this. And I did it! It was nothing! It was just like when I knitted the baby booties and the round dish cloths. Yes, some of the stitches made me go really slow and I made sure to count each row to make sure I had the right number of stitches. But the hardest part was over, or so I thought.
Then, came the part I was sure I wouldn't be able to figure out. I was already a bit stumped on that last part, but I just kept knitting. I thought to myself, "This sounds similar to when I knitted socks". Picking up stitches that is. So, I just tried to imagine what I thought it should look like based on the pictures and knit away. Sure enough! It worked! And now I'm left with the cutest baby bonnet ever!
Last week a friend asked me to sew her a cell phone holder that she wanted to give to a friend. So I took out my supplies and started to d...
*If you wish to share this pattern with others, please send them the link rather than copying and pasting the pattern. One of my k...
I bought some red netting the other day to try making a different crocheted pot scrubber. I was talking to a friend of mine about a scrubbe...
I've talked before about acrylic dish cloths versus cotton but I was doing some research yesterday on tawashi patterns and one of the th...