How to make golden puffs recipe

Sunday for lunch, I fixed Rosemary chicken. Which is cubed chicken sprinkled with rosemary, pepper, salt and italian seasoning. Cooked in a skillet until done. Served with some brown rice and some beets.

Later that day, I was craving something sweet, so I made some of these. I hadn't made them before but found them in my Betty Crocker cookbook. We both loved them, but ate way too many!

Golden Puffs- (original recipe makes 2 1/2 dozen)

This is the recipe cut in half. And now I know I should have cut it in half further, but wasn't sure how to half an egg.   :-)    It made plenty for us to eat warm with a few leftover, which tasted just as wonderful!

I also didn't have any nutmeg so I just substituted cinnamon instead. We love cinnamon!

1 cup flour
1/8 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 cup oil
3/8 cups milk
1 egg (original recipe called for one egg)

Beat ingredients and drop dough by the teaspoonfuls into hot oil until golden brown. Just do a few at a time. < That's what the recipe said and I ended up doing about 15 at a time. Bad idea!

They cooked up so fast I almost burned them all trying to turn them over fast enough! It would have probably been better had I owned a fry daddy. I just cooked them in about an inch or two of oil and while they turned out delicious, I know they would have cooked more evenly in more oil.

After taking them out of the hot oil and draining them well, I rolled them in powdered sugar. Some I did in a cinnamon sugar mixture, but we liked them better in the powdered sugar.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber