Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Baby shower gifts and projects planned

Going through my yarn stash (and I must say I was glad at this point to have a stash) I found some blue variegated cotton yarn by Patons and knitted three baby sized wash cloths. Found a rubber ducky to go with it. Then I found some green teal colored yarn that I bought a few months ago. It was a thinner weight yarn so I decided to mix it up with some white orlon that I had gotten from a friend. She suggested a prayer shawl for it, but the yarn was not suitable alone for that purpose. Mixed with the green, it worked great! I only wish I had snapped a photo of it beforehand. Oh well. Not like I can't go visit the family and get my picture eventually. lol

I also finished the dollhouse rugs that I had been working on. They took no time at all! They are shown below. The scalloped ones are 3 1/2 inches in diameter and the round ones are 3 inches.


The rectangle one was a pattern I'd found online and made it just for fun as the customer requested round ones. It is hard to tell the size of them but the inside circle of the blue and sage green ones fit a quarter piece.

I was knitting chickens this morning to send to my sister-in-law's three children. I had hoped to mail it out this morning but ran out of time. So, tomorrow they will be sent out. Hopefully they make it in time before they leave for their trip.

Tonight while Nick's at work, I'll be working on the balloon animals and the butterfly dish cloth. If all goes as planned I'll be able to mail out all these projects tomorrow!

I got an order for a Nevada school themed ear flap hat so I plan to do that on Saturday and give it to the guy on Monday.

 While I have a lot of knitting on my list to do, I plan to give the home a good scrubbing in between resting on my knitting projects. I sure don't want a knot in my neck by the time Nick comes home from work. I have been re-evaluating my priorities and needing to make quite a few changes!

I thought I was "ready" to go to the baby shower yesterday, not having been to one in about 12 years. The last time, I cried and felt like an idiot.

Turns out this time, I did the same. Luckily there was a corner I stood in for most of the shower and no one noticed. (I hope!) I just couldn't help but look around and see everyone with their children and think that if things had gone according to my plan, I would have been one of those women standing there with my children. I've always wanted a large family since I was a child.

Listening to everyone talk about their busy filled days made me long for days like that. Watching all the pregnant women talk about their due date and seeing all the ladies holding their babies, it was too much.

That's not to say that I don't like to be around families with children. I enjoy it immensely, hoping for the day I can be "that" family.

And so I'll continue to knit and find ways to be a blessing to others. Anything to keep my mind off of this.

No comments: