Saturday, March 26, 2011

Knitted chicks and more


I made some cute chickens this week. I found this super cute pattern here.  I am making them pretty much the same except for the beak and eyes. I didn't have any fleece and didn't want to use glue to get them to stick so I just sort of "winged" it. I'm not even sure how I did the beak on the first one, but I hope I can remember how for the rest of them. So far, I have five made, but no finishing touches on any but one.



There is an opening at the bottom of the chicken and it holds a plastic Easter egg.

Also, I knit this house shaped cloth.

I learned how to block dish cloths from one of my favorite websites here. I blocked my second blue hummingbird dish cloth that I made.

I can't believe I never thought to block my items before. It makes them look so much nicer!

I'm going to a baby shower next week and as usual have waited until the last minute to think of a gift. When a friend suggested I knit something, (duh! Why didn't I think of that!) I decided on a couple things. I won't say what it is yet in case she's reading this post but I'll post up pictures before I give it away.

All I have to say is this is something that would normally take me a month to do, and I'm attempting to make it in a few days! lol

Until next time!

1 comment:

Noel Wright said...

I've since scrapped the balloon animal idea as I can't figure out how to tie the things. If anyone figures it out, please share!

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...