Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ripple Eyelet Baby hat and booties

I found this pattern the other day for a newborn sized hat. I found plenty of hats for 3-6 months but wanted to find one that would fit a newborn.

I messed up on a lot of it and spent most of the day taking rows out. Seemed like I would never get it done but I did, finally! The pictures show the front and back. I love the yarn. It is plymouth encore. Though I'm not sure what color it's called as it was given to me.



I think it looks different than the pink one pictured on the site. I know it's multi-colored but the design just looks different. I plan to make a solid colored one and then I can compare it better.


I've made more than what is pictured above but already made those out to friends. All the baby booties you see pictured are sized 0-3 months except the multi-colored one on top and it's 6-12 months. I posted the place to buy the pattern on my other post labeled: Best bootie pattern ever!

Right now on my needles, I'm making a size small ear flap hat pattern found here. I had some pink boucle type yarn and some cream colored Red heart yarn. I used the pink part for the ear flaps to make it extra soft and knitted an i-cord for the ties instead of the way the pattern says. I'm not sure what I think of it, because I'm thinking I did not make it long enough but I won't know until it's done. I'll post up some pics tomorrow of it cause I'm hoping to have it done by then.

I'm also still knitting the hat for Covers and Soles. I don't take it with me when I go places (I tend to get more accomplished when I take my projects with me) because the needles seem so fragile that I don't want anything to happen to them. I hope to get more of it done tomorrow though too.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment