Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Looking for patterns

I've just spent the past three hours straight looking for a suitable baby hat and booties knit pattern. There are so many out there but none that appeal to me. Well, I guess I did find a few of them but I either don't have the right type of yarn or the right size needle.

I was hoping to find something that matched what I already own so I don't have to buy any supplies. Each pattern of course has to say that theirs is the best which is frustrating. I just want to know that it will fit the infant I am making it for. Perhaps I can ask one of my knitting friends for a tried and true pattern. One that they know will actually fit the recipient.

I had planned to get a lot of knitting done tonight but with all the searching I've been doing, I now have a bad headache.

I have one last hat to finish for my brother-in-law. I suppose I will start it tonight and finish it tomorrow. For all those waiting, your hats will be mailed out on Friday. Sorry for the delay! (they are not orders, just for family) Yes, that sounds bad, doesn't it. Make the family waiting like that! lol

I did start on a knit pattern for a tube sock. A friend of mine really wants to knit socks but she refuses to use dpn's or circulars. She just wants an easy pattern on straight needles. And even though I gave her this pattern already, I get the feeling that she wants me to experiment and make a pair to show her. So that's what I'm doing. Only it's taking forever! I much prefer to knit in the round. It goes so much faster!!

I don't really mind knitting up a pair in this pattern though because I got to thinking how nice it is that with the tube sock you don't have to worry too much about size. There is no heel to worry about being in the wrong place. If these socks turn out as good as I think they will, I may knit up several pairs. But probably not.

I feel really blessed that the owner of the local yarn store taught me to use dpn's and knit socks that way. I have heard many folks talk about the difficulties of knitting with dpn's and I think it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

I am currently trying to learn to knit two socks at once on one long circular needle and for now that way is proving itself difficult, but I know if I don't give up, I can learn this way too! :-)

Well, I need to go rest and hope this headache goes away.

Until next time!

No comments: