Monday, November 8, 2010

Jalapeno Jelly

My neighbor's garden is coming to an end and today he told me I could pick some of their jalapeno peppers. I took a handful and as I walked back to the camper, I thought to myself, "Now what will I do with them?"

No sooner did my hand touch the door a thought came to me. Jalapeno Jelly!!!! So I went back and gathered a few more and now the peppers patiently sit waiting for me to transform them into a yummy treat.

All year long I have missed eating Habenero Jelly from Burt Craig Farms. Brandi hasn't made any this year so I could not buy any from her.  But the craving was still there. So, I guess my jalapeno jelly will have to do.I just hope my batch of jelly can be half as good as hers!

My favorite way to eat it is to dump a jar on a block of cream cheese and enjoy with Ritz crackers. Yum!

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...