Thursday, September 16, 2010

Taco Bell and knitting lessons

We met grandma in Nevada for lunch today at Taco Bell/KFC. I had never gotten the KFC lunch buffet before and was pretty impressed with how yummy it was. I ate too much as usual, so when we all went to Dairy Queen afterwards for dessert, I had to decline. My stomach hurt!

Nick's lucky he has a special compartment in his stomach for dessert. Not me!

I met my friend again today for a lesson in purling. She has learned to knit quite well and was ready to try the next thing. I also taught her how to bind off, but I am afraid I might have confused her on showing her two new things. I meet her again on Monday so I'll have to see what all she remembers.

I like that she just wants to learn to do the stitches and is not particular with keeping any of it on the needles. Once she gets several rows going, she pulls it out and starts over. That's what I did when I learned to knit. It was a long time before I was ready to make a project. I just wanted to do the knit and purl stitches over and over until I was comfortable with it.

I have really enjoyed teaching her to knit. And to see her smiling at her work is great!

Until next time!

No comments:

Old Shale Scarf and fabric

I bought some yarn this week but could not bring myself to start another project until I finished at least one of my current WIP's. So, ...