Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Losing my mind

So, I was sitting at the table with my knitting watching a youtube video on continental knitting. I was hoping to see more videos on how to do it so it would stick better in my mind. And while I was sitting there, this ad popped up while the video was playing. I thought to myself, what in the world? I did not click on the ad...

I closed the ad and went back to watching the video when it opened again. Both times in a new window. I thought to myself, perhaps this has a bug in it, and I was already getting the hang of knitting the new way, so I just quit Firefox altogether.

Nick had said he wanted to watch a movie on the laptop and hadn't retrieved it yet, so I asked him what he was doing and he responded, "Just playing on my ipod." Now, if I had been paying attention, I might have noticed that his voice sounded different and strange, but I was consumed with my knitting.

Anyways, I was sitting there knitting when all of a sudden Safari opened up. I remember thinking, that's strange, I did not open it. But like I said I was busy knitting and not doing much thinking. Then, I heard music and thought Nick was playing some through his ipod. I happened to look up at the laptop screen and behold Itunes was now open and playing a song.

About this time, I turned around to look at Nick, (perhaps I heard a noise) and was shocked and surprised to see him laughing!  Then,  it dawned on me. No, the computer was not possessed. Nick was using his ipod as a remote and trying to trick me! It worked. I kept thinking I was going crazy or something.

We laughed for a long time about it!

No comments: