Monday, August 2, 2010

Home.

There are things in the camper that I sometimes forget to do, or put off because of the task. Like dusting. Or cleaning the toilet!  I used to have tasks that I would do two or three times a week but found that there isn't any reason why I can't do it every day.

So, the other day I made a checklist for myself.

Daily Checklist:
Make bed
Open curtains (yes, I know that seems ridiculous, but the whole place looks so much better when I do- yet often I just don't bother)
Hang up clothes (can you believe I often just shove clothes in the bottom of my closet?)
Gather up knitting and put back in its place. (Yes, I tend to leave my yarn all over the place!)
Pick up bedroom
Do a load of laundry. (one load a day is better than seven at the end of the week)
Clean toilet, tub and sink
Sweep cobwebs in corners
Do dishes
Put away dishes (sometimes I let them drip dry for too long!)
Clean living room
Put away yarn stash
Put away books
Throw away junk mail and recycle magazines
Dust
Hang up wash.
Vacuum
Prepare meals. 
Clean and shine sink
Put away thai pillows
Clean windows and mirrors
Vacuum fan blades and a/c filter
Sweep outside carpet area (need a new broom first)
Fold laundry.


I love how I can do all these things daily and it not take me more than an hour. Then I have the rest of the day to do as I please.

Like spend time knitting socks.

I love my small home.

No comments:

Old Shale Scarf and fabric

I bought some yarn this week but could not bring myself to start another project until I finished at least one of my current WIP's. So, ...