Cowl instead

I was right, the hat is way too big. I'm not sure what I did wrong since I used the right sized needle and casted on the right number. The only thing I can think of is that I used the wrong type of yarn. I found a different pattern for using that exact yarn- Lion Brand Homespun and it said to cast on 56 with size 10 needles. The pattern I used said to cast on 78 on size 8. I guess I'll have to get a size 10 after all.

Janet, one of the knitting ladies from the Happy Knitter's group who also happens to own the local yarn store. suggested I make a cowl. What a splendid idea!!

So, that's what I plan to make instead. Perhaps a couple of them since I have plenty of yarn.

And Nick really wants his hat made out of Plymouth Encore yarn anyways. (to match his scarf)

Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make clove tea