Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Caplinger Mills

On Tuesday, Nick took me to Pamida's. A store in Eldorado Springs, MO. Every once in awhile they will have my favorite yarn on sale and that happened to be the last day of the sale. I really like that store except that they tend to have a lot of weirdos that hang out there. It reminds me of a Big Lot's. Anyways, afterwards, Nick said we were going to take a drive. I love country drives!

We got turned around at one point and missed our turn so we just drove out in the country and it was so beautiful! Then, he told me of a place he wanted to take me. Caplinger Mills. They have canoeing and fishing there. I told him at first I didn't want to go just to take a look. I wanted to be able to go canoeing, but that wasn't possible.

So, we went there and looked around the tiny town. I loved it! It was fun! We walked along a bridge and saw the dam there. We could peer over the bridge and see fish swimming below. The water was pretty clear. We stopped in at two RV resorts and asked about their prices. We stopped in at one place and found out the canoe rates. It's definitely a place I want to visit for the weekend or a couple of days during the week, (which would probably be less busy)

One place had cabins to rent that seemed nice. In fact, the canoe place told us of two different RV sites that were in competition with each other and always raising their prices. That seemed a bit backward. I would think they would be lowering their prices! lol One of the camping places even has a yurt to rent. I've always thought it would be neat to live in a yurt, so to camp overnight in one seems cool! But they were closed that day so we didn't get to look around much. The first place seemed nice and more secluded.

Even though it was very hot, I had a good day walking around and exploring. I definitely can't wait to go back. I think it would be awesome to have my sister's family come out and stay in a cabin with us. Go canoeing and swimming and fishing!

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...