Blackberries

It's been awhile since I last posted, I know.

Thursday I rode along with Emily to a blackberry farm and picked blackberries. It rained lightly so other than getting soaked and having my glasses fogged, I came home with half a gallon of berries. The lady that let me ride with her was going to give me an entire gallon but I knew they'd just go to waste so I let her keep my other half.

I just wanted them for fresh eating and Nick isn't much of a blackberry person. I did crush some and added some sugar and used it for cheesecake topping which was really yummy!

Other than that, I've just been enjoying eating them fresh. I hope to go in two weeks to pick more for fresh eating. I can't decide if I want to make some freezer jam with them. Probably not.

The blackberry farm has a share program. Pick three gallons and keep one for free. I love it when people do share programs!

I was impressed by the Emily's kids who were there picking with us. The littlest one was riding along in a baby carrier  and though he was soaked from head to toe, didn't make a peep. He even fell asleep while in it. Every once in awhile I'd see Emily hand him back a blackberry. The other three girls picked berries and talked to us as we picked. The thing that stands out is that they were content. They didn't care much for getting rained on, but they didn't complain and made the best out of a bad situation. They carried buckets of berries back to the weigh in station and made the time go by quickly.

By the way, Emily is the one who makes her own soap

All in all, I had a great time and can't wait to go back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber