Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Yarn donation

So, I went through the new yarn stash again and started thinking of all the things I wanted to knit and crochet next.

Looking at the stash: (sorry the picture looks a bit blurry)

Not to say I won't change my mind later, but here's what I've decided so far:

The 3 skeins of Red Heart dark blue yarn towards the back on the left side is the exact color I was wanting to buy to make my crochet towel toppers. I have been collecting towels to make for the past few months.

Next the Mary Maxim white skeins in front of them I was going to use for a few towel toppers as well.  I'm pretty sure they are more of an off white color which matches some towels I found today at the dollar store. I'm not sure what I'll make with the rest of it. I do have a knit pattern for a cat that I was thinking my niece would like. Maybe some ornaments for christmas as well... Hmmmmm. I'll have to think about it awhile longer.

The purple bumpy yarn reminds me of Lion's brand Homespun yarn. Any ideas for what I can do with it? The black mohair yarn next to it, I plan on double stranding it and using it for my scarf. (the one I was going to make last year but never did) It's got some gray in it so it will be perfect to go with the gray Encore yarn I love so much! It will match Nick's scarf but with the two strands it will be enough to tell them apart.

There is a black colored Lion Brand Homespun and a variegated one on the same column. I tried to knit that teddy bear again using the black but could not figure out the pattern. Maybe a black cat?

Starting at the back of the second column is Red Heart Fiesta in cream and pink. (the pink is between the four balls of cotton- 2 green, red, blue) I don't know what I'll do with these yet, but any leftover yarn from it and I might crochet a few hacky sacks.

The four skeins of mercerized cotton I want to crochet or knit a bag. The kind with the holes in it that stretch nicely. I found a crocheted pattern for a produce bag but have yet to figure out how to do the adjustable loop.

I'm going to have a fun weekend teaching myself some new things!

Next is some purplish colored Mary Maxim yarn. It came in the same bag with the white ones. My niece loves the color purple so I wanted to make her something with them. I'm just not sure yet!

And lastly is more Lion Brand Homespun yarn. The skein that hasn't been used yet, I'm going to knit a hat with. I found an easy cowl pattern awhile back and now I can't find the pattern for it, but if there is enough I'll use one of the other skeins for it.

Well, that's what I think I'm going to do with this yarn. Who knows what I may come up with next?

Keep checking back here to see what I've been up to!

The yarn came in this really cool bag:

I'm going to start using it for my knitting bag to take to the meetings with.

And, Karen- if you're reading this: Thank you!!!!!

Until next time!

No comments: