Thursday, June 24, 2010

Socks and circular needles

I bought some smaller sock needles here this week and plan to use the sock yarn that I bought last year. I am still making the gauge but once I get started on it, I'll post some pictures up. If I can remember I'll post up pictures as I go so you can see it from start to finish.

I'm using this book and also looking here for tips along the way.

I'm going to try and knit them with a shorter cuff than the ones I made before and if all works out these should fit Nick. If, he doesn't mind the crazy colors!

I also bought my first circular needles size 8,  32 inches long.  I've never knit with this type before and anxious to try them out tonight. Once I get more familiar with using circular needles, I may try to knit some socks but that won't be for a long long time! I got these needles to knit a hat for Nick- something he's been asking about for awhile. I plan to use some of the Homespun yarn for practice and then buy some gray Encore yarn. Nick wants his hat to match his scarf which is what I used for it.

Until next time!

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...