Monday, June 21, 2010

New yarn stash

The coolest thing happened today. One of the knitting ladies from the knitting club asked me if I was interested in some free yarn! Of course!!! This wasn't even the lady that said she had some for me the last time we met.

There was a huge kitchen sized trash bag full of yarn. All different colors and weights. I sorted through it when I got home and have already been dreaming of the different things I plan to make with some of it.

I've been wanting for some time to branch out and knit items other than dish cloths, but haven't had the money to buy any other type yarn. And I had been so focused with using up my cotton yarn stash that I hadn't even thought of anything else. The timing is great because I am about out of my cotton yarn. I have as many dish cloths that I want out on etsy right now. Maybe a few more designs...

I didn't realize how much I was used to knitting with non-stretchy yarn until I was playing around with some of the new stuff It will definitely take getting used to but I'm looking forward to it, that's for sure!

Give me a week or so and I'll have some pictures to share of my newest projects...

Until next time!

No comments:

Old Shale Scarf and fabric

I bought some yarn this week but could not bring myself to start another project until I finished at least one of my current WIP's. So, ...