Knitted hat and kitten

I bought some Lantern Moon circular needles yesterday from the local yarn store for $11!! I had to choose between four different brands (if you know me at all, you'll know that I'm very indecisive!) and I'm very pleased with these.   I wasn't sure what to think of them at first, but I love them now! The wood  is very smooth and easy to knit with. Sometimes the yarn snags a bit on the ends where the circular part starts, but I think a lot of that has to do with the yarn. I am finding it extremely hard to knit with since it snags like crazy!

If I wasn't so anxious to try out this pattern, I would have ripped it out by now. In fact, at one point, I accidentally increased by one and wasn't sure where my error was. I  thought I was going to have to start all over which was making me angry since I had worked on it most of the afternoon.

I started out this morning and worked on Nick's socks. I got a few rounds done (about half an inch) when I got confused as to which row I was on and still don't know. I need to google some information about it and see where I messed up. I am however really liking the needles. I thought it would be harder to knit with such tiny needles and yarn but it's not bad. In fact, I'm really liking the shorter sized needles which surprised me because on my other needles I preferred them longer.

Anyways, later on in the afternoon, I located that knitted kitten pattern I found months ago and tried to knit a cat. I'm not sure what I think of it but will post up a picture when I'm finished with it. All I have left to do is put a face on it. I tried embroidering a face for it, but should have done it before I stuffed it. (but I was just following directions...)

So, I've got these three projects to keep my busy this weekend while Nick's at work. I am hoping to have something worth taking pictures of by Monday.

Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber