Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fern and Rouser

Rouser is much bigger than Fern. I think he hogs the food when they eat. I've heard him snarl and growl at her before. You can tell a difference when you look at them. Fern is so much smaller than he is. Course, she was tiny when they got them to begin with but it's like Rouser grew and Fern stayed the same size.

Those puppies chew on everything! Garden hoses, bags of trash, you name it, they've probably sampled it! lol They were even found peeling up a dead toad in the middle of the street the other day! Ewwwww! Of course, they tried to bring it to me as well.

They have another dog too, Cider. He's such a great dog too! If there is one nice trick they taught him it was "Easy." When you give him a treat and don't want your hand bit off, tell him, "Easy" and he will pull his lips over his teeth and ever so gently take whatever you are giving him. But watch out, if you forget to tell him that, you may lose a finger or two!

Sometimes I think I really want a dog of my own. I'd spoil him rotten! But then I come back to reality. Our lives can't handle a dog right now. We want to do some traveling eventually for up to 3 months at a time. It wouldn't be fair to kennel a dog for that long. So for now, I'll just have to make do being happy with the neighbor's dogs.

No comments:

Old Shale Scarf and fabric

I bought some yarn this week but could not bring myself to start another project until I finished at least one of my current WIP's. So, ...