Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Northern White Bean Roll Ups

Had these leftover for lunch today. Delicious! I wrapped mine in spring roll wrappers for a tasty alternative treat!


Northern White Bean Roll Ups:

1 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 cup cooked white beans
3 Tablespoons finely chopped tomato (I used 2 Tablespoons salsa)
1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic (I used 1/2 clove garlic chopped)
1 Tablespoon fresh minced parsley (I used a dash of dried parsley)
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon herbed vinegar (I used white vinegar)
1 Tablespoon finely minced fresh oregano (I omitted this)
1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
2 jumbo whole wheat chapatis or whole wheat tortillas

Combine rice, beans, tomato, garlic and parsley. In small bowl mix olive oil, vinegar, oregano and herbs and sea salt. Pour over brown rice mixture and combine well.

Lay Chapatis on flat surface and place half of filling on center of each. Fold sides in first and fold top and bottom toward the middle. Dot ends with water and press lightly. Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap until ready to serve. When it is unwrapped it will stay together.
Makes 2 servings.

Never had a chapatis before. What is it?

It was so yummy served in fresh spring roll wrappers! I cooked the rice and beans seperately so it was hot for Nick. I prefer it warm or cold in the rice wrappers.

I was kicking myself for getting rid of the cookbook that this recipe was from because I thought I had lost this recipe forever. I was super thrilled to find I had kept a copy in my blog. Yay!

No comments: