Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Bierocks (or simply stuffed cabbage buns)

This is one of my favorite meals to make. Most people cringe when I mention the word cabbage buns because they automatically think meatloaf type filling wrapped in cabbage leaves. Nope!

Not even close. Stuffed Cabbage buns are delicious! The filling does have ground beef in it, but also cabbage, cheese, and other yummy things.

You wrap bread dough around the filling and brush with egg to make a shiny crust and bake until done.

The end result is:




They are very filling and Nick and I are usually stuffed after eating just one. I make baked beans and coleslaw to go with it!

I'm drooling just thinking about it!

2 comments:

Angel said...

those look so yummy! email me the recipe - I know, you probably already gave it to me once before but send it to me again!!!!

Noel Wright said...

I'd rather make them with you sometime, so you can learn all my secrets!!