Peaceful sleep

Wow! I can't believe this week is almost over. It's been a good one too.

Wonder what good things will come my way next week.

I've been sleeping so peacefully at night. There's nothing like a great night of sleep to jump start your day!

Watched Sweet Home Alabama this morning and I like that movie.

Made more chapatis to last the next few days. Sandwich roll ups we've been having in town. Tonight, we'll add pickles and tomatoes to them.

Got some knitting done yesterday. Moving right along in getting rid of last year's yarn stash. I can't wait to be rid of it all!

A few weeks ago, I got out the yarn my sister gave me to make Tori a hat. I started to make Tori's hat but that yarn is so hard to work with! First of all, I need the right sized needles. I thought I could use a smaller size, but that yarn is too flimsy and fluffy to use anything smaller than a size ten. I ended up having to take it all out. I had really hoped to finish it last year, but if I'm lucky it will be done before winter season is over this year. I never made a hat before, and not quite sure what I got myself into! But I WILL get it done!!!

I do like challenges which is one reason I like to knit. Plus, it's so peaceful and relaxing to knit away. The washcloths that I've been working on are in the garter stitch. No thinking about rows and counting nothing. It's great! And the ripples seem to help scrub the food particles away. I know, I finally got to making myself one and it works really good.

Isn't that crazy? Here I was selling and giving dishcloths away and I hadn't even made the time to make one for myself! So, I sat down a few weeks ago and made a brown variegated one. I love that color scheme I bought.

I also taught myself last week to make a knitted towel topper. They are quite fun and easy to make. Once you get the towel prepped and poked with all the holes. That is quite a pain to do! but worth it because after that it doesn't take too long to make one. I still haven't figured out how to poke 67 holes in the towel. That's just too many holes in a tiny bit of space! I consider myself lucky if I can get 40 holes poked in!

I've been going in with Nick to work to save a trip to town. I take along my knitting and a book to read and keep myself busy in the car. Sometimes I'll walk around Walmart and look at e-v-e-r-y thing. That is fun once in awhile, but most of the time I'm happy as a lark to just sit and settle down in my comfy spot and knit the night away.

I've been working on bible verses that I started in high school and WILL get done someday! I recorded my voice on my camera and then play it back while I say it aloud. I wasn't sure how well that was working for me, but so far I think it's going good. It's hard to tell because I don't have a person to hear me when I recite them. I wasn't sure if I was saying it from memory or if the recorded part was "helping" too much. But when the camera batteries die, and I don't have any way of checking myself, I just say it aloud as far as I can go without stopping. So far so good!

Next time I won't bite off more than I can chew. But again, I like challenges so when I picked Psalm 119 to memorize I was looking for a challenge! Not only that but I've tried to memorize it two different translations over the years. Finally picking the one I liked best and not getting it all confused with the other translation has been difficult. But not impossible.

Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial