Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hello!

Has it been that long since I last posted? I can't believe it's almost the end of November already. Time just keeps flying by!

Got settled in the camper and I must say I really love living in the camper. At times I forget I'm not in a regular house because the camper is so roomy. Other times, I feel like I live in a tree house, though that's not a bad thing. It's just our bedroom is elevated and I can look down at the ground. I like the feeling it gives. My favorite place to sit is in the bedroom with the windows/curtains open on both sides and a nice sunbeam coming in.

It used to take me a very long time to settle my mind down and go to sleep. So much, that I swore I would not use the bed for reading or knitting so that I would associate it with sleeping time only. I have not had that problem for years though and as soon as I lay my head down to sleep, I'm out. In fact, Nick often forgets how easily I fall asleep now and will often wake me up within 10 minutes of laying down, convinced I cannot possibly be asleep that fast. I was!

I think it's because I stay more active during the day. I try to get at least one type of physical activity in every day. I do like to knit right before I go to sleep, as it makes me quite drowsy.

Last month around Halloween time we went to see my sister. We had a great time! As usual, I stuffed myself silly! The kids dressed up in their costumes and Matthew had a mini parade at his "school". We went to a bunch of cool stores and ate way too many egg rolls! We tried california rolls for the first time and both are hooked on them now. Thanks, Angel!

The thing I like most about my sister's house is the stairs. I'm always going upstairs to get something it seems and it's a perfect way to exercise. I'll bet I went up and down the stairs during our last visit at least 50 times!

We're planning on going up there for Thanksgiving this month and I can't wait! My parents will be there and it will be nice to see them again. Maybe it will be like it was in Branson and we'll all get to hang out together. Bryan is usually at work when we come and neither Nick or I hardly know him though I'd like that to change. I remember when we all played Balderdash except Nick as he was being a hermit :P and it was so much fun to see Bryan and Angel laughing their heads off. My dad was too!

I promise myself though this time when we go that I won't try to do too much. I don't want to be exhausted when we get home. Speaking of not being exhausted anymore,

Nick started doing yoga and got me hooked on it too. I love the way it makes me feel when I do it. And I haven't even done a full lesson! We plan to take some yoga classes soon. I just need to get me a yoga mat now. More space to do yoga would be nice too, but we haven't decided yet what we're going to do about living arrangements. Plenty of time to think about that though.

Today I'm hanging out at the library while Nick does his bus driving. I'm supposed to be busy at home knitting but I'm almost done with an order that I thought I'd take a break today. I had hoped to have a whole stash of dishcloths and sudsy sacks to offer those interested in buying some for christmas, but I just haven't had time! My goal is to knit plenty up starting next year and offer monthly specials. And if no one buys any, no loss on my part. I just love to knit them period! I told Nick I wanted to sell them in the first place just to keep my yarn stash is full supply.

Speaking of full supply, Nick's grandma found a huge box of yarn for me at a recent garage sale outing. I was thrilled! I also posted a want ad on freecycle and got several new skeins of 100% wool yarn and other types. I'm set when it comes to yarn for now. I'm using the yarn from Nick's grandma to knit teddy bears and other animals. So far, so good. I am stuck right now but a quick question to the knitting club members and I'll be on my way again.

I've got so many projects going on right now it's almost ridiculous. A hat for Tori, a teddy bear, set of washcloth/sudsy sacks for an order, dishcloths for some newlywed friends, a lap quilt, hooked rug, and a cross stitch project for Nick that I'm still working on since 1999.

Nick's off today as he was yesterday and I have to say I'm getting quite spoiled with him being home. I love that we've been married for over 12 years and neither of us is sick of the other! We still value our alone time, but we love our together time more.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...