Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Why should I try?

I'm the kind of person that if it looks too hard to do, I don't even bother trying. So, when I went looking for knitting patterns to make soap sacks, I steered clear of any that looked difficult. I thought I'd try my hand at crocheting some until I remembered why I hate crocheting. I tend to pull the yarn too tight and then my hand gets all sore and stiff and aches. I tried making soap sacks out of various crochet patterns, but no matter what each one I made turned out very different than the next. (even though I followed the same pattern) It was quite frustrating!

So, last night, I looked through various knitted soap sack patterns again and thought I'd try my hand at trying to figure at least one of them out. I figured if nothing else my knitting friends from the knitting club could help me if I got stuck. I started at 7:30 p.m. and started knitting. By 9:50 I was done! Well, almost. All I need to do now is sew the ends together and add the drawstring part. The hardest part that I was worried that I'd get stuck on, turned out to be the easiest part! I'm so glad I took the time to try the pattern as it is now one of my favorites.

No comments:

Old Shale Scarf and fabric

I bought some yarn this week but could not bring myself to start another project until I finished at least one of my current WIP's. So, ...