Transitioning

It took a while for Nick to find a job at first to put food on the table and a couple new ones after that. But thanks to a friend's recommendation to look into being a school bus driver, Life is great!

Nick subs for the school during the week and in the evenings and weekends he works at Walmart.

When we first moved here, we pitched a tent in the backyard and found out that we liked camping in a tent! We didn't care for all the neighborhood dogs that liked to bark and howl every time a train would go by, but for the most part, we loved living in the tent.

Even listening to the rain pelt down against the sides of the tent was peaceful. I'm surprised at how well the tent worked considered we won it in a drawing and it's not an expensive tent. We bought some camping pads and laid blankets down on top of that for padding. Our yard is not the most level thing either and I found that I preferred a harder sleeping surface over a soft mattress.

Listening to the owls hooting at night reminded me of sleeping in our slide in camper that we had in Kansas. Looking up to see the moonlight shining in the tent was also nice.

Knowing that we couldn't stay in the tent through winter made us look around for other choices for living. We had thought about getting a cabin. Either building one or buying one pre-made. But my thoughts always turned to a travel trailer or motorhome. My hopes are to take trips this summer in it.

It was quite the yo-yo experience in finding the travel trailer that we did. I won't bore any of you with that story! The thing I like to remember is that God does give us the desires of our heart.

I love the roominess and feel that I have when I'm in it. It reminds me of the first time I was in a camper as a child when I knew that I wanted to live in one.

And so another chapter of our life begins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber