Join a co-op today!

Why you should join a local co-op:

Yesterday while my friend was making pickles she was putting in the appropriate amount of dill seed that the recipe called for. She had bought a small container of dill and who knew that it wouldn't be enough. It was about 5 tablespoons worth and she needed 6. So I ran home and got some dill I had bought at the mennonite bulk food store. Comparing the two containers. She probably paid at least a dollar for her container (though the next time I'm at Walmart, I'm going to check to see exactly how much it was) and my container was .67 cents! for three times the amount! I've heard that the mennonite store has since closed, and that is too bad since they had such good spice prices. However, the co-op I am a member of carries a pound for $6! And they are organic too! That is a lot of dill seed! I think I'll see if Jill wants to split a pound with me.

Getting your spices that cheap is one good way.
Saving on gas (or for some, time) by getting it all in one place is another.
Want more reasons?

Comments

Leanna said…
Thanks for writing this.

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial