Time Management

I have known for quite some time that I need to manage my time more efficiently. When I get up in the morning and see Nick off to work-I try to get busy with my usual daily checklists. I even had to make myself a "Morning Routine" and an "Evening Routine" to help myself along so I don't get too distracted. And even then this does not always help.

I'll start to make the bed and remember that I've got to go get water boiled for dishes, so then I'll leave the bed half made and boil water and I'll see that I didn't clear the table from the night before so I'll start to clear it off and then Milo will be sitting at the door wanting to go out and when I come back in I'll find that I forgot to plug in the burner that heats our water and the bed is not made and it's lunch time... get the picture? This pretty much happens in some way or another to me every day.

I find it a day worth accomplished when I get the following things done: dressed to the shoes, bed made, dishes washed and put away, meals prepared. And yet day after day I have lists of other things I want to get done but don't.

Somehow I feel there is hope for me yet. I am reminded of a time in high school when we learned how to manage our time. This simple exercise was so beneficial to me back then that I can't wait to apply it today. I can't believe that I even forgot about it until a few days ago. We were given a sheet of graph paper and told to plot out our week by 30 minute increments, I believe. At least that is how I did it back then.

Seeing your life in little blocks of time really makes you realize how much time you are given and makes you wonder what you are doing with the time you are given.

And so my search for graph paper started. I looked all over Walmart but none could be found. Don't people buy graph paper anymore? Sure you don't need graph paper to do the exercise, but it's so much nicer when the blocks are done for you. You can take the time to filling the spaces out instead of making the squares. However, Nick did find graph paper for me this morning at Walgreens! Yay! So, this Friday I will buy the graph paper and start plotting.

Comments

Gunner said…
I also find that time is hard to control.

Does Nick still blog, or are you the lone family blogger?

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber