It's time.

What time? To bring out the bandannas and drink vinegar water. What's that you ask? Well, read on...

Nick and I were out working today. I was helping him finish sweeping out the shop and he was mowing the yard. He got most of it finished before the mower quit. The temperature read 86 degrees but it felt much hotter than that! Our favorite thing to do when it gets really hot is to soak a bandanna down with cold water and drape it over our neck. A few times, I had it draped over my nose and mouth as it was really dusty in the shop. It is so refreshing and makes you forget about how hot it is!

The shop cleaning is coming along real nicely. I wish I had taken a picture of the side that Nick worked on yesterday. It looks so much better now. I took a few snapshots on the side we tackled today. We're not done with it yet, so I'll wait to post my pictures up. I moved the jars from the side of the house into the shop. They will sit there until I sterilize and clean them. I hate to wash them all up now and put them back in the shop where they will sit until canning time, because they'll just get all dusty again. I thought I could keep them in the pantry, but there isn't room enough for them and all the stuff we plan on canning.

One of my favorite things to drink when I'm all sweaty and feeling hot is apple cider vinegar water. I take a glass of iced water and add a teaspoon or more of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey to it. Sometimes, I'll take the honey seperately by a spoon and then drink the vinegar water. I am not talking about the light brown colored vinegar you find at your local supermarket and the honey that is found there too. The brand I buy, (but it's not the only brand) is Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother. The honey I buy locally. Both are raw, unfiltered and the best stuff in the world! The vinegar drink is very refreshing, though it takes some getting used to it. (I tried taking this years ago and couldn't get it past my nose, but now I love to drink it as fast as I can make it) It keeps me from feeling tired and reminds me of a natural gatorade because it has the minerals and nutrients that my body needs, especially when doing heavy labor and my body tends to sweat or use up those nutrients.

Comments

amalita said…
that is really cool that you are an apple cider vinegar drinker too. my good buddy ronnie drinks a cup of the stuff every morning when he wakes up. he says it helps him to get going and keeps his weight down.

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial