Hawk throwing and the day we blew two tires.

Last weekend was the grand opening for the Little House on the Prairie. It was a cold windy day, the kind where I like to stay at home and cuddle on a warm pile of blankets. But Nick was going out to take pictures of the event so I went along. There weren't too many people out and about at first, but we stayed awhile and Nick took some pictures.

This one man approached me (the one in red) and asked if I wanted to throw a tomahawk. See me here as I warm up for a throw! He didn't really give me a chance to say no before he was leading me down to where it was all set up. I, normally the shy quiet one, wanted to keep to myself, but since no one else was around and I am trying to break out of my shell, decided to give it a whirl. It was fun! I threw it over and over and by the time we left I wasn't cold anymore! This man belongs to a group that we want to join. I'll tell you about it next time!

Later that week, we went to look at a house in the country for sale. Nick didn't know how else to get there other than the back way so that's which way we went. It had been raining all week and the road was very muddy. We thought several times we were going to get stuck! But we finally made it past the really muddy parts. Then on we went up a very rocky hill. When we got to the top, we heard a loud BANG! Nick had me hop out to check on the tires and there was a big gash in the back passenger tire. So, we puttered on up the hill and Nick got out and changed the tire. Sure glad he knows how to do that. Well, we went on our merry way. Still looking for the house. The place where we changed the tire looked like the house, which was very nice, but wasn't it. By the way, the two back tires were ones we just had bought a few months ago!

We didn't go but two miles when we heard a loud POP! followed by a hiss. This time it was the passenger front tire that popped. We pulled over to the side of the road and started making calls to every tire place. They quoted us a lot to either tow the truck back to town or try to fix the tire. We finally called one last place and they said they could fix it for a reasonable charge. They said they'd be there in 30 minutes. While we sat and waited for the tire people to come, I decided to take some pictures of the area around us. Some cows in a nearby pasture decided to see what the fuss was all about. I thought to take a picture of the tire guy fixing the tire, but was too tired at that point and didn't give it much thought at the time. One particular pasture area caught my eye because of a clump of trees. It struck me as odd to see them out there by themselves. Well, two hours later they came and picked us up and took us into town. They couldn't work on the tire there. They dropped me off at home while I fixed lunch and Nick took care of the tire situation. That afternoon, we got new tires put on the truck and now are good to go!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial