Monday, October 30, 2006

Is that a dog? Nope!

A few weeks ago, we stayed at our favorite campground. I was busy in the camper getting ready for dinner. I happened to notice two girls coming near with their dog. I didn't get a good look at the dog because I just saw him out of the corner of my eye, but could tell he was brown and small.

Well, as they got closer to us, I happened to overhear what they were saying and this caused me to look up and see what they were doing. To my suprise, the leash was a stick and the dog was an armadillo! They were herding an armadillo back to their campsite. Their mom came over and took their picture. They ended up herding him back to the woods before going to the park to play.

I couldn't believe that this armadillo didn't run off. The first time I saw an armadillo up close was when I took Huck for his evening walk. Huck noticed it right away, and as soon as I did, the armadillo took off so fast and ran to hide in a drainage hole. I never saw an animal take off so quickly. So, I'm baffled to understand what this armadillo was thinking to let two girls herd him around with a stick and why didn't he run off.

1 comment:

the abbott family home said...

How funny! I've never seen an armadillo up close before.
I had a friend from high school who joined the army and where he was in basic training he said that there were armadillos everywhere and you would often see them on the side of the road (aka roadkill).
He sent me this potholder that looked like a flattened armadillo with tire marks on it. :)

Old Shale Scarf and fabric

I bought some yarn this week but could not bring myself to start another project until I finished at least one of my current WIP's. So, ...