Tub Farming and more

Well, since we found out our landlord said we could have a garden,I put off planting all that I wanted in pots except for a few cherry tomatoes. I planted 11 seeds and they all came up. But I ran out of space in pots so I kept the three best ones. They are doing really good. I"ll add a picture of them later. I'm planning on planting more tomatoes and keep them indoors if I have to. The book that I read said that you could grow them year round indoors. You can also grow beets indoors. I'll have to give that a try. We love beets especially pickled ones!

If we don't get a chance to plant anything before summer's over, we are going to have a fall garden. Green beans for sure, squash too. We are wanting more vegetables that we can dehydrate, freeze or can. And a little that we can eat fresh like squash.

I'm going to try and have an herb garden here. There is a patch out front where there used to be a tree years ago. I'm hoping that I can get something to grow there. I plan to get some railroad ties for a border. I want to plant calendula, chamomile, comfrey, chickweed, mint. I know they all grow like crazy, so I'm thinking of having them in individual pots to keep them from spreading. Once they start growing, I don't think you'll be able to tell they are all in pots. If I don't put them in that spot, I may just have them on a plant rack somewhere.


Some other things I want to try this year: ferment vegetables and fruits, make sourdough bread, homemade yogurt, soaps and soy candles.

I'll add pictures of these projects as I go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial