Monday, June 26, 2006

Conserving Water.

Washing dishes this morning made me think of something. Right now, I heat my water up and pour it into a dishpan. Then I sometimes have another dishpan full of clean water for rinsing. I used to think your plates would stay soapy using the dishpan instead of running water down the drain to rinse. I haven't had a problem with it yet. But sometimes when I've got a huge pot to rinse, it simply won't fit in the dishpan. So, like today, I had to run the water quite a bit to get the pot rinsed out.

What I'm hoping is when we get back to our homestead, that we can somehow run a pipe from the kitchen and lead it into a barrel. So that all the water that normally goes down the drain can be used to water plants and such. I'm not worried about any soap in the water because I plan to use natural soap, not the petroleum based stuff I am stuck using now. I am just having a hard time finding something suitable.

Did I mention that Nick fixed the plumbing at our home in Missouri? He really is such a talented hubby. All those many jobs, that he was criticized for taking over the years has really paid off.

I used to buy Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds for laundry and I loved the way it cleaned. I think it can be used for dishes as well. I'll have to check on that. It comes concentrated and a little bit goes a long way. I just don't want to have to order it. I really miss shopping at Whole Foods. I'm hoping I can go there sometime when I'm up in Kansas City.

P.S. Dr. Bronner's sal suds it is! I just found out my information. It can be used on laundry, dishes, washing produce, and can be used as an all-purpose cleaner! I am so going to buy some real soon!

I have been using Dr. Bronner's sal suds for my laundry needs as well as an all purpose cleaner and I really like how well it works. The clothes come out smelling nice and they seem cleaner too. I've found that using it as a floor cleaner makes my floors really shine.

No comments:

Blessing bags completed.

The first batch of blessing bags have been completed. Here are the last of them. Next challenge is to make 25 more in a Christmas...