Fun at a friend's house

Well, I like I said earlier, Friday I went strawberry picking at the local strawberry farm and picked 6 pounds. I got to take home 2 pounds. Saturday I did some catch up work on the computer and rested. Saturday evening, my friend Joyce had a birthday party at her house. I made two batches of my favorite roll recipe and took that along.

The hosts, Joyce and Jim had BBQ and we were all asked to bring side dishes. It was good to visit and see everyone that I have not seen in a long time. We stayed about three hours and then went home. The next day, my neighbor and I went strawberry picking again. You would think I'd have so many strawberries in the freezer but we have ate alot of them, fresh and in shortcakes. Well, Nick hasn't eaten any fresh, but I had to have his helping too. :-)

Anyways, we were there for 2 1/2 hours. Her kids stayed mostly in the car and played by themselves. We each only did one row, but the rows were packed unlike before. I picked three buckets worth and it weighed 18 1/2 pounds. I couldn't believe it at first, but now my body is telling me otherwise. I am so sore!

My back was sore at first, but now it is just my sides. It hurts to laugh and bend up and down. And i didn't even bend down to pick. I sat on the ground and inched my way down the row. I still can't get over how much I picked though. Nick and I picked the last sunday, 12 pounds together. I came home with about 6 pounds. I can't wait to go again. Sunday night, we went to see grandma and grandpa. We took over some fresh strawberries, cool whip, and short cake stuff. It was delicious! We ate supper with them and had a wonderful visit!

Monday, Nick worked for the rancher man and I cleaned the whole house. It has even stayed clean and it's Wednesday! Woo hoo! Tuesday I worked on the garden, weeding it. The garden is coming along so nicely! I can't wait to harvest what we've planted!

Today, we are going to pick up our eggs, butter and milk from the local farmer where we buy it from. It is all so delicious! I may stop by in town and visit my friend.

Until next week...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to crochet a pot scrubber with video link

How to make a rectangle crochet pot scrubber

Crocheted Rag Rug Tutorial