So I took out my supplies and started to draft a pattern .
This was the first one I made-
I cut four pieces 5 1/8 x 8 inches. 2 pieces the same size if fusible batting .
For this one I quilted the top.
The size came out way too narrow to hold the phone.
It makes a great pouch for my crochet hooks, but I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it or not.
Then, I tried it again, making a larger one or so I thought.
I cut the pieces 6 x 9 inches thinking it just needed to be a little bigger .
Nope! Still too narrow.
I cut the pieces 5.5 x 9 inches and decided to insert the zipper in the other way.
I cut the pieces 10 x 5.75
A perfect fit! This is the fabric she chose.
She loved it and I was finally pleased.